Last Updated on September 16, 2019 by Katty
Decorative and refreshing appetizer. Good to impress guests and dates with minimal effort.
Servings 5 servings
- 1 pound smoked salmon
- black pepper
- Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon
- Take 1 pound of Smoked Salmon (the one that is ready to eat ).
- Lay the salmon a large dish (a hand-painted Deruta would add an extra touch), add capers, fresh grated black pepper.
- Squeeze 1 lemon, mix with good quality Olive oil and dribble on the Salmon.
- If you like, add some mozzarella slices (being bland, mozzarella combines well with salmon since the latter is salty).
- Sometimes I also add some basil leaves. Let it sit until your Guest arrive and serve it as is.
- I usually combine this with a good Salad.
Add the lemon just before serving or it will 'cook' the salmon.