Last Updated on November 28, 2018 by Katty
“Green sauces are used more in the region around Modena than in Venice, but I like the way they can contrast a rich terrine. This sauce is also good with simply boiled or grilled seafood.” Francesco’s green sauce is deliciously piquant, an excellent contrast for steamed vegetables or sausages.
- 1 large egg hard-cooked
- 1/3 cup (45 g) chopped cornichons (French sour pickles)
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 3 cups (15 g) chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup (45 g) finely ground pistachios or dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp (90ml) dry white wine
- 6 tbsp (90ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Remove the yolk of the egg and reserve for another use. Chop the white. Combine it with the cornichons, capers, and parsley and chop them very fine.
- Mix with the pistachios.
- Beat the mustard and wine together, then beat in the oil.
- Combine with the finely chopped pickle mixture.
- Season with salt.
- Serve as a condiment with pates, boiled meats, chicken, fish or sausages.