Share this article!
Last Updated on November 28, 2018 by Katty
“This is a seasoning we keep on hand in Venice,”Francesco says. It’s superior to commercial seasoned salt. At one time, Venice had a monopoly on the salt trade in part of Europe.
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup (250 g) salt
- Mix all the ingredients together on a large cutting board. With a sharp knife, chop them together until they are uniformly fine.
- Transfer the herbed salt to a bowl and leave at room temperature for 24 hours to allow it to dry out.
- Transfer to a jar, close tightly, and store in the pantry until ready to use.