Pork chops with olives
Servings 4 servings
- 8 Pork chops or 6 boneless pork steaks
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes or fresh well ripened cherry or other tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a non-stick frying pan put a bit of olive oil, and a couple of cloves of garlic, whole not minced (that way at the end of the cooking, the garlic has given flavor to the dish, but can still be fished out for those who do not like it).
- Then place the chops (or boneless pork steaks) and cook over a high flame so that juices remain sealed.
- As soon as the meat has taken on some color, add tomatoes and olives. The tomatoes can be canned whole tomatoes, or else fresh cherry tomatoes or other well ripened tomatoes. The olives should be black olives which have been pitted.
- Add salt and pepper and then cook at low flame for about 15 - 20 minutes or as long as needed to make the sauce dense.