The aroma of fruits in Venice is often as compelling as their lush taste. “The fragrance of ripe peaches is enhanced by baking them with a filling of amaretti,” Francesco says.
Servings 4 servings
- 14 amaretti cookies
- 2 tbsp (40 ml) amaretto liqueur
- 3 tbsp (50 g) soft unsalted butter
- 4 large ripe peaches
- 1 2/3 cups (340 ml) dry white wine
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits.
- Mound a spoonful of the amaretto mixture in the center of each.
- Place the peaches, cut side up, in a baking dish.
- Pour wine into the dish, place the dish in the oven, and bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool about 30 minutes, then serve while still warm with whipped cream or ice cream on the side.