Share this article!
Last Updated on November 28, 2018 by Katty
Frozen espresso granita, an intense slush, is a welcoming restorative on a steamy day. It’s important to start with top-quality brewed espresso at its most intense.
- 2 cups (625 ml) warm brewed espresso coffee
- 1/3 cup (90g) superfine (caster) sugar
- 2 tbsp sambuca liqueur
- Whipped cream optional
- Combine the espresso and sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the liqueur.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour, then transfer it to a metal bowl and place it in the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes, whip the mixture, using a manual or electric beater.
- Continue freezing and beating the mixture until it is uniformly slushy, about 2 hours.
- Freeze another hour before serving.
- Spoon the granita into goblets and, if desired, serve topped with whipped cream.