Last Updated on May 7, 2020 by Admin
A sweet fantasy, these indescribably rich morsels. And with a glass of grappa they end a meal in luxurious Venetian style. As frugally as Venetians might eat, they do not stint on special occasions. These truffles are worthy of such an occasion. The very best bittersweet chocolate is necessary for this recipe.
- 12 oz (375 gr) bittersweet (dark) chocolate
- 1 cup (125 ml) heavy (double) cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) sugar
- 1 cup (60 ml) grappa or brandy
- 60 gr unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chop the chocolate fine and place it in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, mix the cream and sugar together, bring to a boil, stir, then pour over the chocolate.
- Add the grappa or brandy and allow the mixture to stand about 5 minutes, to melt the chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate about 2 hours, until it is fairly firm.
- Using a melon baller, scoop small rounds of the chocolate mixture, then roll them lightly in your fingertips to make them smooth.
- Set them on a sheet of waxed paper on a baking sheet and return them to the refrigerator.
- Roll the finished truffles in cocoa powder and refrigerate again until ready to serve.