Last Updated on February 14, 2019 by Katty
This is a typically Venetian recipe that Francesco brought from home. “I did not serve it in Remi at first,” he says, “because i was afraid it was not really to the American taste.” But the combination of bitter radicchio with the slightly smokey bacon soothed with a bit of butter and cheese is irresistible and now has a permanent place on the menu.
- 3 heads radicchio cored and shredded
- 125 gr bacon
- 500 gr fusilli
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the Fusilli.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add the bacon and saute over medium heat until it just begins to brown. Add the radicchio and stir-fry for a few minutes, until it begins to wilt. Add a few tablespoons water and continue to cook the radicchio and bacon together until the radicchio is tender.
- When the water for the pasta is boiling, add the fusilli and cook it about 8 minutes, until it is al dente. Drain it well, then transfer it to the skillet with the radicchio and bacon and toss them together. Add the butter.
- Serve at once with grated cheese on the side.