This is the simplest of self-indulgent egg dishes. The recipe is given for one person. Make several tortini and serve them at room temperature for a picnic. A lower-fat version can be made by using one whole egg and two egg whites instead of three whole eggs.
- 4 medium-thick asparagus
- Unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 30 ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Steam the asparagus about 3 minutes, until they are just tender.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Butter a 2-cup (500 ml) shallow baking dish.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add the salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and place the asparagus on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes then serve.