Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Total Time 3 hours 10 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 60 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 4 pigeons (squabs) split
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until tender but not brown.
- Add the squab to the pan and sauté over low heat until browned on the outside.The breast meat should still be pink inside.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with rosemary.